Clinical Policies Website (CAMBSPHN)
Please note: the Clinical Policies Website (CAMBSPHN) will be closing down on the 30 November 2017.
All documentation and policies relevant to the Joint Prescribing Group and Clinical Policies Forum is now available on the CCG web site: https://www.cambridgeshireandpeterboroughccg.nhs.uk/
We would be most grateful if you could advise if you notice any discrepancies in the documents (i.e. incorrect versions) in order that this transition goes as smoothly as possible.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Please find attached a letter regarding the Information Governance Alliance’s (IGA) delay in publication of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) advice material and their first edition of GDPR FAQs. Further information on GDPR can be found on the Healthcare Professionals pages of the website.
Safeguarding Admin Network
Please find attached the minutes from our Safeguarding Administrators Network Meeting, which took place in the last quarter. We would like to welcome any practices that feel they would like to contribute to the network.
The dates for the January meetings are:
- Hunts: Tues 09 January 2018, 13:00, Acorn Surgery (Oaktree Centre)
- Peterborough: Tues 16 January 2018, 13:00, Thomas Walker
- Cambs: Tues 23 January 2018, 13:00, Nuffield Road Surgery
- Ely/Fens: Thurs 25 January 2018, 12:00, Priors Field Surgery
Please email Natalie on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
Coming soon.... free LARC training for Cambridgeshire practices
Please find attached a letter relating to a Cambridgeshire County Council Public Health commissioned Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) training programme which will shortly be available for clinicians in Cambridgeshire.
The training will be free to GPs and Practice Nurses. More information will be sent out shortly to practices about the training. If you require further information please contact Val Thomas at email@example.com
CCG Research Updates
Please see below the latest developments from the world of healthcare Research and Innovation:
- Investing in the future of medicine: Two innovative projects developing genetic and/or genomic testing within primary care have been selected for support by the Eastern AHSN Primary Care Accelerator. The projects will focus on pharmacogenetics, the science of understanding and predicting how an individual is likely to respond to different types of medicine based on their genome, and will enhance our knowledge about how to deliver more personalised medicine in the future.
- CIFAR Global Call for Ideas, deadline 28 January 2018 CIFAR invites the global research community to submit proposals for new programs that address complex, fundamental questions of importance to the world. Ideas must be novel, bold, and potentially transformative to warrant the creation of a sustained, interdisciplinary, and collaborative research program.
New ‘Personalised Care’ Video for GPs
NHS England and the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) have produced a short film to help GPs support people to develop confidence in self care and social prescribing, such as getting involved in community activities. A Personalised Care Approach for People with Long Term Conditions: a Changing GP Approach demonstrates the improvements to an individual’s wellbeing and health self care can make. It also explains how it can benefit GPs as their patients take a more active role in managing their own health and how it shifts the conversation from “what’s the matter with you” to “what matters to you”.
Gateway to the Voluntary Sector (Single Point of Contact)
We are pleased to let you know of a single Health and Wellbeing network across the whole CCG footprint. We hope this will enable you to support your patients when you have identified social issues which are affecting their health. Here are a selection of the types of organisations involved:
- Age UK
- Care network
- Carers trust
- Money Advice Centre Cambridge
- Cambridge City Foodbank
- Hunts forum
- Safe Local Trades
- Cambridgeshire bobby scheme
- Fenland older peoples outreach service
For more information or to make a referral please use the single point of access:
Cambridgeshire Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) Threshold Document
We need to know your views about the New Threshold Document for Cambridgeshire!
Cambridgeshire LSCB would like to gain the views of practitioners regarding the Cambridgeshire LSCB Threshold document available here and the use of this document as part of their practice in safeguarding children and families.
The survey can be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/cambsthreshold we are eager to get as many practitioner views as possible.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violance Partnership - info for professionals
Please find attached the new Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Domestic Abuse Professionals leaflet. The leaflet includes advice on recognising domestic abuse, links to national and local guidance and signposting information for local specialist support services.
Please also find attached the November Newsletter from the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Partnership.
25 November is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and this newsletter contains information on a new suite of public awareness posters that are being released to coincide with this important date. We have also developed a new Domestic Abuse Professionals Leaflet and this is attached.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Safeguarding Children Board
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Safeguarding Children Board is currently looking at the issue of child self harm and suicide. As part of this process the Board is looking at how confident practitioners are in working in this area and also the training that is available to them.
To ensure that the Safeguarding Board has a clear overview of this area of practice we are keen to obtain the views of practitioners across Cambridgeshire. We would be grateful if you could forward the following survey to practitioners within your agency and encourage them to complete it https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JB8F3PZ Please note that the closing date for this survey is 22 December 2017.
STOMP: stopping over-medicating people with learning disabilities, autism or both
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust have produced some awareness videos about STOMP which are now available on YouTube. Please watch the introduction first.
They are also stored together in the playlist called STOMP : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6TP-EBB-A5f53NwW6tqBEok2UK1x6L9Z
Events and Training
FREE Half-Day Safeguarding Conference
- For Safeguarding Children Lead GPs and Nurses
- Tuesday 06 March 2018
- 13.00 - 17.00 - registration from 12.30
- Hinchingbrooke Country Park, PE29 6DB
- Please see attached flyer for further information.
GP Cancer Masterclasses - reminder
The next GP Cancer Masterclasses are as follows:
- Tuesday 23 January 2018 / Education Centre, Arthur Rank House / 6.30pm supper / talks start 7.00pm
The educational evenings will begin at 6:30 pm with supper, and the talks commencing at 7pm. Places are limited, and we are currently restricting the events to GPs only. We look forward to meeting you at the events.
- To register a place at a Cambridge Masterclass please go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gp-masterclasses-cambridge-tickets-37059239182
- Wednesday 29 November 2017 / Thorpe Hall / 6.30pm drinks & snack / talks start 7.00pm
The educational evenings will begin at 6:30 pm with drinks and a snack, and the talks commencing at 7pm. Places are limited, and we are currently restricting the events to GPs only. We look forward to meeting you at the events.
- To register a place at a Peterborough Masterclass please go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gp-masterclasses-peterborough-tickets-37692988744
Prostate Disease Masterclass - Cambridge - FREE
- Provided by Prostate Cancer UK
- Friday 26 January 2018 / 09.00 - 16.15
- Doubletree by Hilton, Granta Place, Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1RT
- Details attached.
Springboard Development Programme
Following on from the success of the Springboard Development programmes rolled out in previous years we are ready to launch the next cohorts on either:
- Cohort 1: 08 December 2017 with additional dates of 09 January, 05 February, 06 March 2018
- Cohort 2: 11 December 2017 with additional dates of 11 January, 09 February, 15 March 2018.
- Health Education England, 2-4 Victoria House, Capital Park, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5XE
- 09:15 -16:30
If you are interested in attending, to book your place, contact sue via email on firstname.lastname@example.org stating which of the two cohort dates you are able to attend.
For more information please go to http://www.springboardconsultancy.com/springboard.htm
Please remember the programme is exclusive to women at staffing level bands 1-4. While there is no charge to attend the programme we ask you to seek approval from your line manager and to complete any necessary training application forms to attend and you will need to bring your own lunch. It is important to attend all four of the dates of the programme. Allocation of spaces are on a first come first serve basis.
RCGP East Anglia upcoming events
Please find attached a list of upcoming RCGP East Anglia upcoming events. The courses are available to book through the RCGP East Anglia website, www.rcgp.org.uk/eastanglia
The inclusion of external courses and events within GP News does not imply endorsement by NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG or any association with their operators.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to check external links are from a reliable source please be mindful when requested to input personal information into third party links.