Bank holiday pharmacy opening times
Please find pharmacy opening times for Monday 29 May 2017 on the CCG website here.
Update on Cambridge Out of Hours GP service relocation to Addenbrooke’s Hospital site
Following public consultation, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (the CCG) agreed to relocate the Cambridge Out of Hours GP service from Chesterton Medical Centre to the Addenbrooke’s Hospital site. This service is due to relocate this summer and will continue to be provided by the current providers, Herts Urgent Care (HUC). You can read the update here.
Summary of contents:
- Helping services to work closer together
- Updated facilities and parking
- Improving access and awareness of local services
- Patient engagement
Think Medicines Newsletters: Safety Issue 20: Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT) for adult patient - Alternatives to Lucozade® Energy Original Safety Issue 21: Controlled Drug Incidents Prescribing Issue 33: Braltus Zonda® Inhaler: A new brand of Tiotropium
All other newsletters can be found here.
Free online learning and face to face training for Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG are pleased to launch a new Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) online learning tool specifically for health professionals. This online resource is completely FREE and will help healthcare professionals understand:
- What the MCA is
- What they need to know
- How it affects them
- How it affects their patients
- How to apply this to their practice.
The modules are designed to support and update your knowledge whenever you need it and are supported with relevant case studies and films from experts in this field.
The modules are also supported by a knowledge check which is also certificated.
To access the new modules click here or go to the following link www.medicalprotection.org/mca
We would emphasise that this resource is not a replacement for face to face MCA/DoLS training which is available to book in house and FREE of charge for all GP Practices in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
There are three courses available (the length of the training can be tailored to your needs):
- An Introduction to the MCA/DoLS – 1 to 2 hours and can include an update on Safeguarding Adults and is available for clinical and non-clinical staff
- Supported Decision Making and the MCA in Clinical Practice - 2 to 4 hours available for clinical staff only
- MCA/DoLS Case Law Update – 1 to 2 hours but only available for practices that have accesses the first 2 courses
To access FREE training contact our training administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org or to discuss your training needs you can also contact the MCA/DoLS training manager at email@example.com on 07584490240.
Testimonials - Everyone found his presentation extremely helpful and it was delivered in such a way that everyone was absolutely clear on what they understood. It was the best training I think we have had as a group and would highly recommend it to anyone. GP Practice Manager Attendee
- Best training I have attended in 25 years, I will book on to this session yearly, GP Attendee - We have had the training today and may I say the staff were really impressed. Could we please arrange another date later in 2016? GP Practice Manager Attendee.
GP online – waiting room material
Patients can now book appointments with their GP or request a repeat prescription over the internet or using a smartphone. The GP online service is more convenient for patients and helps to free up the time of practice staff.
If you have a digital display screen, NHS England have produced some content for GP practice waiting room display screens which you can use.
Research and Innovation
Please see below the latest developments from the world of healthcare Research and Innovation
- CLAHRC EoE Fellowship Programme – Call for applications Opens 3 July 2017. The CLAHRC Fellowship is aimed at clinicians, health and social care practitioners, and managers, who would like to work at the interface of research and practice, to develop an understanding of the research environment, and to develop skills in research methodology, service redesign and change management.
- Special edition podcast released for International Clinical Trials Day A podcast featuring an interview with NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN) Chief Executive Officer (CEIO) Dr Jonathan Sheffield, has been released as part of the Business of Discovery podcast series by Prof Allan Gaw. The interview is focused around International Clinical Trials Day 2017. Jonathan provides some background about this special day, and why it is so poignant for the NIHR and Healthcare.
- Latest news from The School for Primary Care Research (SPCR) featuring a research study reporting a lack of evidence for steroids in treating symptoms of sore throat in primary care and an article focusing on an NIHR review Organisation and Quality of Stroke Services.
Peterborough and Cambridgeshire Local Safeguarding Children Board
Safeguarding Survey for Health Professionals
Safeguarding children is everyone's responsibility. Section 11 of the Children Act 2004 places duties on a arrange of organisations and individuals to ensure their functions, and any services that they contract out to others, are discharged having regards to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
Local Safeguarding Children Boards have a statutory duty to ensure that agencies are fulfilling their Section 11 responsibilities.
As part of this process the Peterborough and Cambridgeshire Local Safeguarding Children Board's are seeking the views of front line practitioners across the County on how safeguarding responsibilities are discharged within their agency. The survey is anonymous and the individual responses will not be shared with agencies. We would be grateful if you could spare 5 minutes to complete the survey which can be found by following this link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CPSection112017.
We are keen to gain as many views as possible so please feel free to share this email with other colleagues.
The deadline for completing the survey is 19th July 2017
For further information please contact Head of Service – Adult and Children’s Safeguarding Boards Joanne.Procter@Peterborough.gov.uk
Tel: 01733 863765
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Multi-agency CSE Risk Management Tool
Please find attached here the updated Child Sexual Exploitation Risk Management Tool, originally launched in August 2015. The tool has been updated to reflect the changes in the risk posed to young people and to make it shorter and more user friendly. The same tool is being launched across Peterborough and Cambridgeshire to ensure consistency across the county. The tool remains available to all practitioners to assist them in evaluating the risk of CSE and informing interventions to reduce the risk.
Please circulate through your agencies, the tool will also be available on the Safeguarding Board website: http://www.safeguardingpeterborough.org.uk/children-board/professionals/child-sexual-exploitation/.
If you feel your practitioners would benefit from guidance or training around the use of the tool, please contact Hannah Campling, Sexual Exploitation Co-ordinator directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find attached here a flyer concerning how best to contact Alcoholics Anonymous for assistance in relation to serving persons and veterans.
Mental Health Handbook
Lifecraft created and maintains the Mental Health Handbook to provide support and information for people with mental health issues, their carers, and mental health professionals in Cambridgeshire. You can view a copy here.
External training and event
The inclusion of external courses and events within GP News does not imply endorsement by NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG or any association with their operators.
Practice Nurse Education Event: Psychological Health - Managing Anxiety and Depression in patients with long term conditions
7-9pm, 25 May 2017
Cromwell Room, Slepe Hall, St Ives, PE27 5RB
Please see flyer here.
HR Seminar, Holiday Inn Cambridge
Venue: Holiday Inn Cambridge, Street Lakeview, Bridge Road, Impington, County Cambridge CB24 9PH
Date: Friday 2nd June 2017
We will be covering upcoming changes to Employment Law and Health & Safety Legislation for 2017.
Link: The seven most important employment law issues in 2017.
There is no charge to the event.
- Manage staff behaviour - performance, attendance, attitude, conduct.
- Update documents of employment - contracts, handbooks, policies.
- Conform with the new National Living Wage requirements.
- Comply with the new tougher health & safety penalties - review your risk assessments and fire safety obligations.
- Avoid HR tribunals, Gross Misconduct, underpaying staff etc.
Summary of event
- 9.30am - 10.00am Welcome & Refreshments
- 10.00am - 12.45pm Event
- 12.45pm – Lunch
Quote Ref: 41348
This event is for Business Owners, Proprietors, Directors and Senior Decision makers only. We recommend you attend personally as the subject matter is sensitive and specifically designed for you.
Kind regards Katherine Whittam
t: 0844 892 2773 w: peninsulagrouplimited.com