The next Members' Meeting will be held on Thursday 18 May 2017 1-3pm
at Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester. Please RSVP to email@example.com
. Future dates can be found in the events calendar
Early May bank holiday pharmacy opening times
Pharmacy opening times for Monday 1 May bank holiday:
Cambridgeshire – May and August bank holidays
Northamptonshire; Herts; Leicester, Leicesteshire and Rutland; Lincolnshire; – May bank holidays
Peterborough – May and August bank holidays
Please see below the latest developments from the world of healthcare Research and Innovation
- Patient experience of primary care - Every year since 2007 the NHS in England have asked patients what they think about their GP practice via a large national survey. The survey findings are intended to inform patients, healthcare professionals and planners about patients’ experience of the care provided by individual practices in England.
- Education a key factor in the management of diabetes News from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) - Insulin pumps are no more effective than injections at helping people with type 1 diabetes control their blood sugar levels, if they are yet to receive full training to self-manage their condition. Ensuring that people have sufficient training could be highly beneficial, reports new research.
- Stroke: Roads to Recovery - The National Institute for Health Research Dissemination Centre has published its latest themed review on the organisation and quality of stroke services - Road to Recovery.
As part of the 2017-2018 GP Contract changes practices are entitled to receive reimbursement of CQC Fees charged. The process for this is similar to Non Domestic Rates i.e. Practices submit electronic copies of the invoices received to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your practice code and "CQC Fee 17-18” in the email subject.
These will be collated checked and processed for reimbursement on next available main contract payment. In general copies rec’d by end of one calendar month should be reimbursed by end of following month.
Cambridgeshire Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Partnership
Please find attached here the updated 'An introduction to the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Independent Domestic Violence Advisory Service (IDVA Service)' leaflet for Professionals.
Hepatitis C Good Practice Roadshow
Hepatitis C Good Practice Roadshow in Cambridge - Tuesday 9 May 2017 - 10:00 to 15:30 - www.phe-events.org.uk/hepccambridge
Hepatitis C is a major cause of the UK’s rise in mortality from liver disease, and represents a serious health inequality issue that predominantly affects disadvantaged and marginalised groups. With the aim of enhancing local service provision and seizing the opportunity for progress provided by a new generation of highly effective hepatitis C drugs, this roadshow is focused on:
- showcasing and sharing good practice in the prevention, testing, diagnosis and treatment of hepatitis C
- identifying specific issues and potential solutions for tackling hepatitis C in the Cambridge and East of England region
The roadshow, which will form part of a HCV Action hepatitis C action week in the area, will include talks on the hepatitis C landscape in the region, the commissioning of services, awareness and testing, and opportunities for the elimination of hepatitis C as a major public health concern offered by the new treatments. Afternoon workshops will be held on issues of specific relevance to the local area.
Registration and coffee will be from 09:30 to 09:55 and the roadshow will run from 10:00 to 15:30. The roadshow will take place at Robinson College, Crausaz Wordsworth Building, Adams Road, Cambridge CB3 9AD. To see full details about the programme and to book your place, please visit the roadshow website.