Service change: GP Diagnostics – Introduction of a Cambridge Community MSK ultrasound service
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG are pleased to confirm that from Monday (14/05/2018) a new Musculoskeletal and Soft Tissue ultrasound service will be provided by Global Diagnostics. You should have already received a communication about this. But as a reminder, please find attached the inclusion and exclusion criteria for this new service.
The new service will be available at the same location(s) and times that are currently offered by Global Diagnostics:
- Boots (Cambridge city centre), 28 Petty Cury, Cambridge CB2 3ND
- Monkfield Medical Practice, Sackville House Sackville Way, Cambridge CB23 6HL
- Woodlands Surgery, 48-49 Bateman Street Cambridge CB2 1LR
- Granta Medical Practice, London Road, Sawston, Cambridge CB22 3HU
We very much hope that these newly commissioned clinics will be fully utilised by our Primary Care colleagues.
Fully Funded HCA to Nursing Pathways
Since the Apprenticeship Levy came into effect in April 2017, GP Practices (as non-levy paying employers) don’t have specific funding allocated for Apprenticeship Training. However, the CCG have now secured limited funding with Anglia Ruskin to cover the *10% Employer contribution for selected Apprenticeship Nursing Pathways for HCAs. The courses are funded by ARU if the funding criteria are met, as per the attached document. (ARU Routes for HCAs 110518 final). The remaining 90% is government funding by application. Funded places are as follows:
10 places - Assistant Practitioner – Level 5 (was FdSc)
10 places – Nursing Degree Apprenticeship top-up – Level 6 (was FNP)
FAQs and support information is attached for both courses:
FdSc Asst Prac (Nursing) - Higher Apprenticeship FAQs
FAQs APL Degree Apprenticeship Registered Nurse Information Sheet Cam
Please contact Sallyann Woodthorpe firstname.lastname@example.org / 07773 244301 if you have any queries.
Macmillan Funded Practice Nurse Course
We have recently been running some Macmillan funded GP masterclasses locally and would like to gauge whether there would be enough interest locally to see if we could put on a training course (also funded by Macmillan) for Practice Nurses.
We have attached some information from Macmillan on what the course would involve and how much time would be required, and the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG have agreed to fund 50% of back pay costs to help allow Practice Nurses to attend these sessions to enhance their skills and add further value to the Practice.
If you are interested in the Practice Nurse training course please let us know by e-mailing Agi on email@example.com
Locations of the events have yet to be decided and will be predicated by those Practices registering their interest in the course.
Latent TB: animated into action - a new health promotion tool
Latent tuberculosis (TB): animated into action is a new health promotion tool for CCGs running latent TB testing and treatment programmes. The animation is designed particularly with the Collaborative TB Strategy’s 16-35 year-old target demographic in mind, but it can also be used by localities testing in accordance with NICE guidelines. The project was funded by NHS England and developed by Public Health England, Queen Mary University of London, In Tune For Life and TB Alert. Click here to read the full briefing and click here to view the animation on YouTube.
Online consultations - survey
NHS England is seeking views from GPs and practice teams on what they think about the idea of online consultations so NHS England can improve the service and increase the availability and use. Online consultations are a way for patients to contact their GP practice without having to wait on the phone or take time out to come into the practice. The survey is open until Friday 15 June 2018.
You can find the survey for GP practice staff here
Patient Online webinar for GPs and practice nurses
The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) is hosting a free webinar about how Patient Online access can support End of Life care. It will be of interest to GPs and practice nurses who are involved in end of life care and will cover:
- How the practice can use Patient Online record access to support End of Life Care
- How it can help family members or carers support patients at the end of life.
- Understand where Patient Online record access can complement Electronic Palliate Care Coordination Systems
The webinar is on 16 May 1pm-2pm. You can Register here.
The inclusion of external courses and events within GP News does not imply endorsement by NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG or any association with their operators.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to check external links are from a reliable source please be mindful when requested to input personal information into third party links.