Multiple posts, minimum 4 sessions per week
(multiple across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough)
Flexible positions negotiable
Fixed term to 31 March 2020
The role will include leading on the following:
- To support the provision of Practice Nurse placements for students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- To support coordination, commissioning and quality management of the education and training provision in the local system including CPD
- Increasing the number of GP nurse Mentors
- To ensure equitable access to education and training for all staff
- Encouraging a ´Grow Your Own´ strategy, by supporting GP Nurses and HCA´s to have access to education and training career pathways. Support Nurse Associate Students in Primary Care during and after training.
- Establishing and facilitate Cambridgeshire and Peterborough GP Nurse/HCA networks and forums
- Increasing student GP Nurse placements for and other allied professionals developing a pathway career into Primary Care.
- Providing professional leadership and role modelling for nurses and HCAs working in primary care including ensuring professional standards and the responsibilities to ensure the delivery of high quality patient services.
The posts will be agile and working across the locality (ideally split across the county). The ability to travel to other practices and Training hub or CCG offices is required.
The post holder will report to the Training Hub project manager and will work closely with the CCG GP Nurse Lead as part of the Nursing team to deliver the GP Nurse 10 Point Plan.
Key Working Relationships will include:
Colleagues in the Primary care; Colleagues in the Nursing & Quality directorate; CCG; GP practices (including GP Federations/Merging GP Practice Groups); Local Medical Committee, Nursing Directorate, NHS England, Midlands and East (East), local Higher Education Institutes.
This is a great opportunity to influence and learn about the wider health and social care system and link with higher education at an exciting time for General Practice Nursing.
The role will be subject to an employment contract with the Training Hub.
Applications are via NHS Jobs. Closing date for the return of completed applications is noon on Friday 10 August 2018.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 15 August 2018 in Huntingdon, shortlisting to interview is a quick turnaround so please be available on the interview day.
To apply click here.
For an informal discussion please contact:
Training Hub Project manager
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Training Hub
Tel. 07512 927144
GP Nurse Lead
Cambridge & Peterborough CCG
Tel. 07763 118541