If you find yourself in contact with organisations providing support to families:
- Ask for an interpreter if you need one, and tell professionals in advance if you will need help communicating.
- Do not be afraid of asking questions until you fully understand what is being said.
- If you have a meeting, make notes and check to see if you understand what needs to be done. You can ask for a record in writing.
- If you feel uncomfortable or frustrated, let someone know.
- You should not be treated rudely.
This information is available to download in Latvian, Lithuanian, Roma and Romanian (see Related Documents).